- Consistent discussions of clinical manifestations, diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and more make reference quick and easy.
- More than 250 figures, including algorithms, photographs, and tables, complement the text and help you find what you need on a given condition.
- Clinical relevance of the latest scientific findings helps you easily apply the material to everyday practice.
- A new chapter on frailty, plus an emphasis on frailty throughout the book, addresses the complex medical and social issues that affect care, and the specific knowledge and skills essential for meeting your patients’ complex needs.
- New content brings you up to date with information on gerontechnology, emergency and pre-hospital care, HIV and aging, intensive treatment of older adults, telemedicine, the built environment, and transcultural geriatrics.
- New editor Professor John Young brings a fresh perspective and unique expertise to this edition.