- Boasts highly readable, concise chapters with hundreds of useful photos, diagrams, algorithms, and clinical pearls.
- Clear, logical, organ-system approach allows you to focus on the development, function, and treatment of a wide range of disease entities.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Includes new content on the expanding use of ultrasound at the bedside and theincrease in nursing responsibilities in the PICU.
- Eighteen new chapters cover topics such as delirium, metabolism, endocrinology, nutrition, nursing, and much more.
- Features expanded and updated information on critical communication, professionalism, long-term outcomes, palliative care, ultrasonography, PCCM in resource-limited settings, ventilator-induced lung injury, non-invasive ventilation, updated CNS pathophysiology, the ‘Erythron’, and immunity and infection.
- Online content is enhanced with over 500 board-style review questions and answers.