- Provides comprehensive coverage from diagnosis and clinical evaluation of pulmonary hypertension to imaging techniques, disorders and treatment
- Includes new chapters on right ventricular biology, drug, non-drug therapy and trial design, classification, lung transplantation, pulmonary vascular tumors, pediatrics and phenotyping
- Contains a wealth of detail on the latest developments from global experts and key opinion leaders
- Elucidates challenging concepts with useful illustrations now in full color throughout the book
- Distills and highlights extensive reference material for the clinician
- Pulmonary Circulation provides physicians with a better understanding of the structure, function and pathophysiology of the pulmonary circulation. It provides comprehensive coverage from diagnosis and clinical evaluation of patients with pulmonary hypertension to imaging techniques, disorders and treatment.This new edition incorporates the latest clinical, pathophysiological and pathological research on pulmonary circulatory disorders. In particular, it provides greater emphasis on the role of the right ventricle in pulmonary vascular disease, updated knowledge on pathobiology and genetics, and includes new material related to imaging and other diagnostic modalities.
This edition also reflects new classifications and all the recommendations from the 2013 World Conference on Pulmonary Circulation as well as current guidelines from the European Society of Cardiology and the European Respiratory Society.
Thoroughly updated to keep up with the brisk pace of discovery and emerging therapies, the book remains an essential resource by providing a balance between scientific review and clinically relevant guidelines for the busy practicing physician.